Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Country Driving

Peter Hessler's new book, Country Driving: A Journey Through China from Farm to Factory, came out this week. When I moved to China in 2006, I brought his first book River Town with me. To this day, I think that River Town captures the feeling of life in modern China better than anything I have come across. His follow-up work Oracle Bones is also essential reading for Sinophiles. Hessler is currently the Beijing correspondent for The New Yorker and guest edited a special National Geographic devoted to China in 2009. No one writing in English today comes close to Hessler's insight and knack for finding interesting and informative stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi all,

I am newcome here and , trying to earn knowledge of some things here.

Sorry for my bad english i m Belarus

Thanks.


[url=http://www.camspotadult.com]camspotadult.com[/url]